Sunday, May 3, 2009

Transition Town Berea:Raised Beds Workshop

Sunday May 3. A group of people gathered beside Gastineau Studio to learn about raised bed gardening. There were demonstrations about composting, and the use of wooden raised bed gardens. Participants purchased plastic barrels for rain capture and storage. Many left with free plants and other great looking plants were sold from Berea College gardens.  In the slide show you will see photos of gardeners loading up sawdust to add to their compost. 

2 comments:

  1. I told a couple of people in the neighborhood about your extra zucchinni. I hope you find a good home for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray! I just discovered this blog, great coverage of this fun event! I blogged about it at my blog - http://www.littlefarminthetownie.com

    ReplyDelete